Associate Quality Engineer
Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Our real-time targeting and personalization infrastructure runs thousands of concurrent campaigns, engaging billions of site-visitors and prospects every day, helping industry leading companies to increase conversions thru real-time, in-context, relevant customer interactions. Join us to see cutting- edge technologies being developed to solve real business problems.
This role sits in our San Mateo office and reports to the Sr. Manager, Software Quality Engineering.
What will you do?
- Feature, patch and release testing of Marketo Application in Marketo SaaS Environment.
- Create, maintain and execute automation scripts for functional, regression, loading and stress testing
- Investigate bugs using available application and server logs, browser developer tools, databases, and other tools and resources
Is this you?
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge and understanding of key technologies (SaaS, Virtualization, Distributed Systems, OS, Security, Networking)
- Experience in working with development/quality tools (project/work)
- 0 - 2 years of practical project/work experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Would be great if you also have:
- Experience with UI automation using Selenium
- Experience with load testing using JMeter or similar
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge and understanding distributed systems
- Experience with testing large, scalable systems
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Automation scripting experience using Java
- SQL/NoSQL knowledge
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our headquarters are based in San Mateo and offers free parking and is centrally located for easy commuting
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top