Architect - Production and Infra Engineering
About the company
The world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
About the Role
We are in need of a strong leader that will help us make decisions about where to take our architecture. This will enable our Marketing Cloud to work more cohesively and create a better experience for our customers.
Our primary challenge is that when one Product comes to a technology fork in the road, right or left are both equally fine choices. The problem arises when seven Products go right, four go left, two turn around, and one digs a tunnel. We need a strong person that will explore the paths and the needs of the Products and shout out "go right!". This will enable our Marketing Cloud to work more cohesively and create a better experience for our customers.
What you will do
While we have specific discipline Architects (e.g. network, storage, compute, application, etc.), we also have an over-arching Operations Architecture group.This group is responsible for ensuring all the individual parts come together, some of which we have direct design responsibilities, while others need to work as-is.The team also handle many special projects, especially regarding new and emerging technologies.
- Standards - we have a large and varied platform and would be charged with choosing preferred technologies and work to standardize the platforms we select and the methods we evoke. You would outline how new products should be built and work with other teams to determine which legacy services should be modified or discontinued.
- Evangelism - be a champion for the organization and Adobe as you interact with internal and external peers.
- Service Development - drive the development of reusable services. You would work closely with our Service Management teams to ensure new features are designed to meet our Enterprise customer's rigorous demands.
- Security - incorporate appropriate governance and compliance into the design phases of development. You will help make doing the right things easy by ensuring they are repeatable, transparent, and well documented.
- Release Management - align how code gets to production and help it get there more quickly. You will align the Software Development Lifecycle across a variety of groups and help select orchestration and system management tools.
- Performance & Optimization - work with business and technology groups to determine how fast is fast enough, balancing cost, technical feasibility, and time. Work with teams to determine poor/weak system designs and work to outline plans to correct them. You are proficient with a variety of performance measurement capabilities and tools.
- M&A Due Diligence - work with Business Development to evaluate companies that Adobe may wish to acquire.
- Reliability - define best practices around high availability, disaster recovery, resilient system design. You understand when to solve problems with software vs. hardware. Work with Development teams to improve quality and Operations team to improve familiarity with the products we support.
About Our Ideal Candidate
- Leadership - you are looked up to by your peers. They respect your point of view and you are often sought out before big decisions are made. You think about the long term, but know how to relate it our current situation. You often have a white board marker in hand, explaining the existing and future state to those around you; you have a plan and are willing to work tirelessly to get your message out.
- Performance - you are consistently ranked at the top of the stack.
- People - you like working with a wide variety of people, you are amiable and easy to get along with. You remember names and faces and obtain satisfaction in your interactions with others. You're willing to travel to meet with members of the team in all regions. You are respectful, listen to other's ideas, and give credit where deserved.
- Curious - you want to understand how systems of all kinds work; from traffic jams to hospital triage centers, you see relevance between complex systems and your professional career.
- Communication - you have excellent written and oral communication skills. You present to business and technical audiences with brevity and clarity.
- Business Acumen - you have an MBA, have run your own business, or have had the seat at a similar table. You understand why customers pay us for our services. You understand our market, our competitors, and what's on the horizon. You would be comfortable creating and delivering financial justifications for your technical recommendations. You would enjoy working directly with our customers to gather feedback regarding our products.
- Open Source - you are passionate about using and improving what the community has provided. You contribute to OSS projects and are extremely familiar with trends and movements within the community.
Variety & Scale - you have seen and done more than most people you know and have been exposed to multiple ways of solving complex problems. You understand the limits of "scale up" and "scale out" and know when to use each
What you need to succeed
- Any engineering Degree with excellent academic record.
- Demonstrable Experience in designing, building, evolving and working with large scale, complex software projects.
- Self-motivated, with ability and interest in learning new technologies and adapting quickly to new requirements and environments.
- Demonstrable Experience in developing scalable Cloud based services on either/both AWS and Azure
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Team player.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top