Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- San Jose, CA
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more substantial. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the alluringly designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day - and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
The Maintenance Technician will be part of a small team with a significant impact to Adobe. This position will inspect, repair, and care for Adobe's aircraft to ensure it is airworthy, dispatchable and ready to support business requirements while improving the efficiencies and effectiveness of Aviation's work. As an ambassador for the Adobe brand you will champion a 'just' safety culture and outstanding customer experience.
What you'll do as a leader
- Partner and engage with the team to elevate Adobe Aviation across the functional groups;
- Achieve your full potential by continuing to raise personal and professional standards;
- Complete required maintenance and lead complex inspection activities while maximizing aircraft availability with uncompromising safety standards;
- Troubleshoot systems to identify and rectify the source of reported problems;
- Follow manufacturer's, Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), and other regulatory requirements;
- Consult with the Director of Maintenance on all tasks when instructions are in question;
- Secure the necessary resources to complete assigned activities;
- Stay informed and aware of business aircraft technology advances and industry best practices;
- Responsible for administrative tasks in support of the maintenance function;
- Support Aviation team and Corporate IT by serving as the aircraft connectivity and cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- Flexible to work various shifts that are dictated by the flight schedule;
- Accompany aircraft to outside repair facilities to lead all aspects of maintenance when required;
- Partner with colleagues in Adobe Aviation to champion safety, standards, and sustainability throughout the organization.
What you need to succeed
- Education: Associate Degree preferred, or equivalent experience as determined by the Director of Maintenance; aircraft manufacturers approved initial and recurrent training programs on specific Adobe aircraft type(s) preferred.
- Licenses: FAA Inspection Authorization preferred; FAA Airframe and Power Plant license required; must have the ability to obtain an airport access badge with driving privileges and travel to international destinations.
Desired knowledge, experience & skills
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of experience as an Airframe & Powerplant Technician required;
- Highly experienced in FAA FAR Part 91 operations;
- Advanced technical knowledge in aircraft systems and experience in the maintenance of corporate aircraft required;
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills and capability of solving complex technical issues with limited supervision required;
- Capable of identifying and implementing process improvements;
- Collaborate and function effectively in a team environment;
- Strong project management and training skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Get to know the team
Adobe's Employee Experience team plays a key role in building a vibrant and dynamic workplace that reflects our core values. We help drive Adobe's success by enabling all of our people to do and be their best, most authentic selves. Key areas of focus include Business Partnering, Employee Insights, Rewards, Talent Selection, Talent Development, Technology, Global Workplace Solutions and Employee Resource Center.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top