AEM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Basel, Switzerland
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver outstanding digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft alluring and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen!
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
For our innovative Adobe Experience Manager enterprise solution driving a billion-dollar revenue, Adobe is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the AEM Cloud.
You will help us design, build and run high traffic, mission-critical services that drive business for the world's top brands. We are looking for people who are self-starters and who can get results and outcomes.
What you will do
- Support the transformation of AEM's current, after the fact automation, into a scalable Platform as a Service
- Work with engineering teams to design, build, and maintain systems and solve complex experience management operations and automation challenges.
- Participate in design and write scripts and software layers to monitor and automate processes.
- Ensures smooth operations by designing scalability and failure resistance into automation and monitoring of services.
- Review and provide feedback on features, technology, architecture, designs, time & budget estimates, and test strategies.
- Inspire and encourage solution teams to build reliable and scalable services.
- Keep pace with the evolving technology trends and best practices in software development and operations to take advantage of the industry trends and translate them into Adobe's best practices.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the team (deployment, management and visibility of our services) and ensure a high level of value, productivity, quality and reliability.
- Solve issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
- Work closely with Adobe operations teams to help develop and optimize solutions.
- Participate in an on-call schedule.
What you'll need to succeed
- Deep understanding of both software engineering and technical operations.
- Familiar with a variety of the cloud and automation concepts, practices and procedures
- Recent large-scale experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef, or equivalent
- Practical experience with Azure or AWS cloud platforms and their concepts
- Practical experience in container technologies like Mesos, DC/OS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with programming in Python, Java, Ruby, Scala, Go, or similar programming language
- Knowledge of Java and familiar with Java development concepts and practices
- Practical experience with Linux administration, eg. swapping, secret management, cgroups, …
- Practical experience in automation and observation technologies like NewRelic, Grafana, Helm, Jenkins, Nagios, Prometheus or similar
- Practical experience with cloud native services in the following areas
- Caching: Redis/Memcache or equivalent
- Persistence: file system configuration and volume mgmt
- Web delivery/proxy: CDN, nginx, haproxy
- Practical experience with common cloud protocols (eg. TLS, STARTTLS, SSL, HTTPS, SCP, SSH, SFTP, FTPS)
- Practical experience with cloud security concepts (eg. IAM)
- Platform as a Service development experience desired
- Experience with open source software desired (eg. Apache Software Foundation)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area and 5-8 years' experiences
- Outstanding teammate who thrives under pressure
- Interest in working with leading-edge technology and demanding customers
- Obsessed in maximizing customer value high quality and reliable services
- Proven acumen in building and running world-class services
- A sense of urgency and impatience infused with infectious enthusiasm to drive our vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
- Proficient in English
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top