Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Come join Adobe Stock to lead highly motivated teams to develop future versions of our product. We are looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager who loves leading teams to build delightful experiences for the creative professional across the full web solution stack, from user experiences to the services that support them.
Adobe Stock is a leading online marketplace for digital assets that provides designers and businesses access to hundreds of millions of high-quality, curated, royalty-free photos, vectors, illustrations, templates, audio and 3D assets for all their creative projects. The Adobe Stock service provides an interactive web experience and is integrated with Adobe desktop apps to search, browse, and access assets across desktop and mobile devices. Be a part of this experience!
In this role, you will lead, motivate, and empower teams to create innovative features while maintaining engineering excellence for Adobe Stock. You will be joining a highly collaborative agile software development environment focused on delivering secure, scalable, and high-quality solutions. Adobe Stock is one of the fastest growing teams at Adobe, where your work will impact users all over the world!
What you'll do
- Leading teams to build and maintain fault tolerant and highly available (99.99%) web applications and the services that support them
- Managing engineers through the software development cycle to deliver quality features, including design, implementation, quality assurance, continuous integration and deployment, and application monitoring
- Participating in the design and review of features, technology choices, architecture, designs, time and budget estimates, and test strategies
- Partnering with product management to deliver exceptional user experiences and features
- Managing project scope and risks with creative problem solving
- Developing and evolving engineering processes and collaboration models to optimize team efficiency
- Hiring, coaching, goal-setting, and professional development of software engineers
- Inspiring and motivating the team; fostering healthy team dynamics and cohesion
- Collaborating with product and service teams across Adobe to achieve common goals
What you need to succeed
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years as a software engineer working on commercial web services
- 5+ years as a software engineering manager
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Experience developing large-scale, high traffic web applications, ideally using technologies like Node, PHP, React, Redux, or similar web technologies
- Experience maintaining highly available, fault-tolerant, and distributed services, including familiarity with technologies and architectures like microservices, managed services, AWS, Docker, New Relic, and Splunk
- Experience with the design of and integration with APIs and web services such as REST APIs and GraphQL
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum