[AdCloud] Site Reliability Engineer - Data Systems
- Bucharest, Romania
The Adobe Advertising Cloud is the first end-to-end independent advertising and data management solution that spans traditional TV and digital formats, simplifying what has been a complex and fragmented process for the world's biggest brands.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help with the building and operation of our Real Time Analytics Platform focusing on data systems and related technologies used in the project. The operations team uses some of the most groundbreaking technologies to simplify an otherwise complex environment.
Candidates should have a passion for building infrastructure at global scale for high-performance low latency distributed applications. In this role, you will use open-source cloud frameworks and tools. Applicants will have experience building fault tolerant and scalable database infrastructure.
- Build tools and automate to ease provisioning and scaling of the Ad Cloud Analytics infrastructure
- Monitor and improve service performance and stability to ensure a robust self healing service
- Continuously extend and improve infrastructure components to handle growth
- Investigate failures, identify root cause, and implement remedy for continued improvement
- Use your expertise to tune and gain most performance out of our databases
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed for "operability"
- Assist our software engineering team to choose proper database for their needs, review and suggest on data models, schema designs, and query tuning
- Actively participate in vision of healthy data democratization
What is needed for success
- Must have a proven understanding of information technology and information security
- Experience troubleshooting and deploying applications on Linux
- Experience in large scale monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Graphite, Statsd, Sensu
- Fluent with Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- At least one of: Perl, Python, Ruby
- Experience working with large scale MySQL or Postgres deployments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, LDAP, SSL, SSH, OpenVPN, SQL, IDS, IPS
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Programming and tuning experience
- Background in building and operating a Real Time Analytics infrastructure based on technology like Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, HBase, Amazon EMR, Couchbase, Aerospike, Vertica.
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, EIP, VPC)
- Working with Kubernetes
Adobe believes in hiring the very best. We are known for our vibrant, dynamic and rewarding workplace where personal and professional fulfillment and company success go hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a phenomenal place to work.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top