Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant
- Lehi, UT
Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day - and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
Accounts Receivable Department
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Department is responsible for processing, and accounting for, over $11 billion in revenue annually through multiple currencies and across various payment methods (check, EFT, credit card, and PayPal), together with associated customer account adjustments. AR is also responsible for preparing complex GL & bank reconciliations, performing detailed analyses and review of Adobe's ever-growing subscription customer accounts, issue resolution and collaborating cross-functionally to improve system functionality and operational processes.
The AR Department has undergone significant transformation since Adobe's move from perpetual licenses to subscription cloud-based licenses in 2012;this transformation fundamentally changed how Adobe bills and collects cash from customers.
The Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant will be responsible for various AR activities such as: posting incoming customer payments across multiple currencies and payment methods, processing customer account adjustments, and issuing customer refunds. This position requires cross functional collaboration. To be successful in this role, the Staff Accountant must have intermediate MS Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.). The candidate should be able to work under pressure in a dynamic team environment. Recent SAP experience is required (specifically, AR/cash-posting/doc clearing/etc. T-Codes). Keen attention to detail, initiative, and ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
The Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant will also be involved in a variety of projects (of varying length, complexity). This role may also be involved any future business acquisitions and related e-commerce system/process integrations. Relevant prior experience is strongly desired. This role will be required to work with other business units within the company to resolve potential ecommerce-related issues, such as: duplicate entries or errors, missing or closed orders, missing credit card provider files, etc. The business units that this role would work with include (but are not limited to): customer service, GL accounting, revenue, and IT. Exceptional written and verbal communication is mandatory.
- Daily payment application across a variety of systems, payment methods, and currencies.
- Process customer refunds and adjustments (write-offs, offsets).
- Journal entry preparation.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA's is paramount.
- Investigate discrepancies/reconciling items and follow up to conclusion.
- Document processes and ensure documentation is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure and adhere to a strict control environment within the Accounts Receivable department.
- Additional AR tasks will also be assigned based on business needs & requirements.
- Complex GL & bank reconciliation preparation.
- Analysis and review of subscription customer accounts, including managing required clearings, adjustments and investigations to conclusion.
- Assist with Mergers & Acquisitions, as needed.
Required Experience & Qualification:
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related subject
- Recent SAP experience (within the last 24-months) - specifically, AR/cash-posting/doc clearing/etc. T-Codes.
- Intermediate MS Excel ability.
- Strong work ethic, a problem solver with a desire to improve current processes, self-motivated, highly organized and deadline driven.
- Exercises judgement within general defined company procedures and practices to figure out appropriate action
- Enthusiastic and excited to be a part of a high-performing team!
- Initiative to work independently, as well as a key team member, building strong productive internal and external working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top