Over the last twenty years, MarketAxess has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn the fixed-income market allowing you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by directly working with the business unit and learning new and innovative technologies. Above all, you will be seen as an expert within your domain from day 1 and will be looked at for creative and new ways to approach problems (both technical and business related).
What You'll Do
- Work on various greenfield projects
- Design and enhance the Leading Global Fixed Income e-trading platform for institutional investors
- Recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability and time to market
- Be part of and technically lead a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Innovate and transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Share your expertise across industry standard technologies including: Java, AWS, Kafka, Oracle, React, Redis, Spring Boot and others
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Architect, develop and design APIs in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture in the cloud as well on premises.
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of enterprise software development using Java
- 3+ years of AWS Architecture experience is big plus
- 5+ years of experience in architecting event driven, fault tolerant, scalable system.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and multi-threading programming
- Familiarity with streaming technologies such as Kafka/Redis etc.
- Experience with microservices using Spring/Spring Boot (or, ideally, hands-on experience migrating a monolithic application to a cloud-centric environment microservices)
What’s in it for You
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and being more than a number in our lean and collaborative team, we offer:
- Healthcare and wellness options
- 401(k) match
- Potential to receive Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships, exercise equipment and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.