Vice President, Strategic Business Development and Sales - Point of Sale (POS)
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Americas Sales, this leadership position oversees the development of strategic market/product line business plans and partners with our marketing group on programs to support sales in designated market segments; identifies volume and strategic customers and develops partnerships. Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information, and creates compelling market analysis and sales messaging presentations. Plus, responsible for supporting direct sales team on pursuits within the organization's sales force, such as products, channels, market segments, or geographic areas. Provide strategic and operational direction for the sales function to maximize sales revenue and meet organizational objectives. Develops sales goals including sales volume. Ensures sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the organization's long-range strategic objectives. Develops pricing strategies and sales campaigns with marketing executives.
Additional areas of focus:
- Focus on target accounts that have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the organization
- Maintains contact with accounts at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Represents the organization to the customer as the sales leader on specific pursuits working with the Account Executive
- Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service offered over a longer sales cycle
- Provides leadership to the sales team focused on the long sales cycle account(s)
- Works with the lead generation and sales development function
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of key sales and operational metrics and updates to customer management system
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering or related degree
- 15+ years experience strategically building the go-to-market strategy for a product segment and defining the sales plan of enterprise applications / technology; preferably supply chain and Point of Sale (POS)
- Demonstrated ability to build new relationships and nurture existing relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions at all levels; excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in challenging situations and/or under pressure
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with all levels of professionals
- 75% travel to client locations as needed
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top