Vice President, Account Management
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
Job Description and Areas of Focus:
- Responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction / referenceability for the organization.
- Leads sales strategy process in conjunction with senior leadership
- Through inspirational leadership, creates a culture that drives and celebrates growth, goal achievement and successes
- Maintains existing business relationships with assigned clients by staying closely connected to internal project teams
- Sets high and clearly defined standards for direct reports
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process; from identifying targets, establishing a pipeline, identifying and creating compelling proposals through to closing and converting new client business for the Company
- Puts in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Builds successful partnerships with client business leads and key decision makers; provide on-going strategic insights and continually identify future value-add solutions based on the changing market dynamics and industry trends
- Provides detailed and accurate quarterly pipeline / sales forecasting
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering or related degree
- 15+ years experience strategically leading the sale of enterprise applications / technology; preferably supply chain and the account management of large customers
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan
- Demonstrated ability to build new relationships and nurturing existing relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives
- Successful experience and demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and manage a team of 20+ salespeople in a long sales cycle environment using complex sale methodology; monitoring and evaluating sales team progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations; inspiring a strong internal desire for both personal achievement and team successes
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions at all levels; excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in challenging situations and/or under pressure
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with all levels of professionals
- 50 - 75% travel to client locations as needed
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
See Inside the Office of Manhattan Associates
Manhattan Associates builds software-based technology solutions that solve the most complex business problems in supply chain, inventory, and omni-channel alignment. The company’s unique approach to platform optimization enables clients all around the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world reductions in inventory, labor, distribution, and transportation costs.
Back to top