Technical Director, Software Engineer, R&D
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
Where You Will Work
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates' product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
Is this for me?
- Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
- Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
- Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
- Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications from the ground up?
- Do you demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment?
- Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating?
What will I be doing?
- Provides technical leadership to a large group or several groups of software engineers and/or DBAs
- Develops detailed design specifications for major areas of a software system (or database); responsible for the design and implementation of complete and complex frameworks, systems and toolkits to be used across multiple products (SCPP/CBO)
- Becomes familiar with all dependencies, interfaces and services required by all areas of the software system
- Determines optimal and efficient designs for major areas of the software system
- Leads development of major areas of the software system from detailed design specifications
- Develops and unit tests assigned software areas following R&D development processes
- Estimates and plans own work and the work of others in all assigned groups
- Becomes the resident expert across major areas of the system
- Evaluates software (or configuration) issues with all parts of the system and resolves them in a timely manner
- Implements changes to system assuring the changes do not introduce new issues
- Innovates and creates improvements in software techniques
- Facilitates technology and skills knowledge transfer across R&D
- Documents all work
- Ensures high quality software deliverables by leveraging automation and tooling best practices.
What's Required of Me?
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field
- 10 years' experience developing, supporting or implementing application software
- 7 years' experience working with Oracle or DB2 databases
- 10 years' experience developing with Java
- 10 years' experience working in Linux or UNIX operating systems
- 7 years' experience developing with Spring or similar frameworks
- 3 years' experience using Docker containers and deploying on cloud infrastructure
- 7 years' experience utilizing WebSphere, Jboss, Tomcat or WebLogic application servers
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top