Software Engineer, R&D
- Atlanta, GA
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought-after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important...as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud-based solutions.
Where You Will Work
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates' product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
Is this for me?
- Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
- Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
- Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
- Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications from the ground up?
- Do you write high quality, well-tested code with a passion for automation; you don't like doing the same thing twice?
- Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating?
What is the Big Picture?
Some of the important things you will do in this role:
- Under supervision, develop detailed design specifications for assigned components.
- Become familiar with all dependencies, interfaces and services required by assigned components.
- Participate in designing and developing components from detailed design specifications.
- Develop and unit tests assigned components following R&D development processes.
- Under supervision, estimate and plan your own work.
- Become the resident expert on assigned components.
- Evaluate software issues with assigned components and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Implement changes to assigned components, assuring the changes do not introduce new issues.
- Document all work.
- Create systems directories and files and execute simple commands.
- Code and debug simple problems in the primary language required for the role.
What's Required of Me?
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field
- 1 year of experience developing, supporting, or implementing application software
- Experience working with Oracle, MySQL, or DB2
- 1 year of experience developing with C++ or Java
- 1 year of experience working in Linux or Unix operating systems
- General knowledge of requirements gathering and management
- Systems knowledge (eg. OS, network, SAN, tuning, etc.)
- Technical Design skills/tools knowledge
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top