Senior Market Development Manager
- Atlanta, GA
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
Manhattan Associates' Marketing Team is seeking a Senior Market Development Manager to create demand, qualify new prospects and identify cross-sell opportunities for existing Manhattan Associates' clients. The candidate will work closely with Sales, Account Management and Field Marketing to prospect into and nurture targeted accounts, responsible for generating new pipeline and converting leads into Sales Accepted Opportunities.
As an integral part of the sales and marketing team, the Senior Market Development Manager's responsibilities will include contact with Fortune 1000+ companies, increasing awareness of Manhattan Associates' product and services, maintaining information via our CRM database, and handling incoming inquiries.
Must have a high level of comfort interacting and developing rapport with executive-levels.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop team members.
- Lead a highly motivated Demand Generation team by provide coaching, feedback and training, establish success factors and drive team towards success.
- Prospect into named, targeted accounts as well as follow up on leads generated from marketing activities with the goal of generating a qualified opportunity to be handed off to Sales
- Understand buyer personas across targeted solutions; research new contacts to prospect into, and help to build our customer database
- Identify and research new vertical markets to expand into
- Nurture targeted accounts that have expressed an interest in additional Manhattan solutions, providing industry and Manhattan information in creative ways
- Collaborate with Marketing Programs team to create marketing programs to support outbound calling efforts with targeted accounts
- Update Salesforce.com on a regular basis to track status of lead qualification and nurture; maintain accuracy and integrity of client information in database, provide executive level reporting on a weekly basis
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in demand gen, business development, inside sales or as a project lead, specific to implementing Manhattan products.
- 5+ years of leadership experiences in management, supervisory position or project lead capacity.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Understanding of Manhattan's product suite and/or Supply Chain domain highly preferred
- Experience of qualifying C-level, VP and Director level contacts within Fortune 1000 companies.
- Solid understanding of long lead time, complex sales cycles.
- Excellent communication, analytical and strategic thinking, strong customer-facing, sales & marketing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry and our business strengths and weaknesses.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com.
- Prior experience and knowledge of retail and/ or point of sale preferred.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top