Senior Manager - Platform
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
The Senior Manager is responsible for designing, developing and delivering one or more IT platforms to internal and/or external customers. The role works with business leaders to collate business needs, plans and priorities; and with ETS Service Owners and teams to plan and coordinate the underlying platforms technologies.
What's the Big Picture?
You will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering one or more IT services to an internal or external customers. You'll work with business leaders to collate business needs, plans and priorities; and with ETS service teams to plan and coordinate the underlying platforms technologies.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Coordinates and managed the development of the service strategy for one or more internal customers
- Understands IT service cost drivers and connects cost of service to consumption drivers
- Acts as the primary point of engagement for demand planning and demand management conversations with assigned business partners around their needs for ETS related services
- Develop roadmaps for IT tools to ensure platform reliability and functionality that conforms to the IT landscape as well as establishing governance process around modification and utilization of tools
- Reports and escalates service delivery metrics and issues as pertains to their assigned customer groups
- Holds regular customer service delivery quality reviews with assigned internal customers
- Works closely with assigned line of business and understands and translates business needs into objectives and sustainable product implementations
- Responsible for organizing, planning and managing projects and ensuring all related SDLC activities are executed with quality and within schedule
- Provides oversight and accountability for initiatives which could include projects, requests and/or incidents for various lines of business across domain area, i.e. Service Management, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Software Development Tools, etc
- Adapts plans to address challenges and still deliver on service capabilities
- Day to day management of teammates including setting priorities and monitoring progress of the team relative to established objectives and priorities
- Assists team with facilitating requirements and business objectives
- Partners with other ETS partners to deliver projects from initiation through closure
- Identifies and resolves issues and manages risks
- Full talent management responsibilities including hiring, coaching, performance reviews and terminating
- Assists business in understanding ETS processes
- Provide thought leadership to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems
What's Required of Me?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT service delivery with direct line of business engagement
- 10+ years managing complex IT projects or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years leading a team; experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Experience managing delivery and support of multiple shared service platforms such as Business Intelligence/Warehouseing, Service Management (ServiceNow), Software Development & Collaboration Tools (i.e. Atlassian, TFS)
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics experience required (Oracle, Hadoop or other equivalents)
- ServiceNow or equivalent implementation experience required
- Atlassian or equivalent Software Development & Collaboration Tools implementation experience preferred
- Integration/ETL experience preferred (Mulesoft is highly preferred)
- Experience with Sharepoint for document management and sharing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast- paced environment
- Experience interfacing and partnering with vendors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Development tools and other platforms
- Preferred strategy/roadmap and planning experience
- Strong business acumen and domain experience in assigned portfolio
- Ability to influence and negotiate agreement on scope and schedule with business partners
- Highly self-motivated, directed, ability to work independently and be results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top