Senior Manager - IT Governance/PMO, ETS
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
What's the Big Picture?
You will direct and oversee the PMO to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. You'll work with peer ETS leaders to collate business needs, plans and priorities; and with ETS service teams to plan and coordinate the underlying platforms technologies.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Define and implement the project portfolio management practices and standards
- Directs project management staff and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize and develop and status programs and projects consistently.
- Establish a governance process around the modification and utilization of the project management tools
- Lead portfolio and project management tool enhancement projects to ensure proper process and methodology is followed in delivery
- Owner of the project management methodology toolkits and processes
- Compile information and facilitate Portfolio Management and senior management meetings
- Manage and monitor performance including project KPIs, escalating issues and risks, and collecting and consolidating project data
- Design and implement performance management dashboards, reports, tools and methods
- Coordinates and managed the development of the service strategy for one or more ETS customers
- Understands IT service cost drivers and connects cost of service to consumption drivers
- Acts as the primary point of engagement for demand planning and demand management conversations with assigned business partners around their needs for ETS related services
- Reports and escalates service delivery metrics and issues as pertains to their assigned customer groups
- Holds regular customer service delivery quality reviews with assigned internal customers
- Works closely with assigned line of business and understands and translates business needs into objectives
- Responsible for organizing, planning and managing (including status) projects and ensuring all related SDLC activities are executed with quality and within schedule
- Provides oversight for initiatives which could include projects, requests and/or incidents for various lines of business across domain area
- Adapts plans to address challenges and still deliver on service capabilities
- Day to day management of teammates including setting priorities and monitoring progress of the team relative to established objectives and priorities
- Partners with other ETS partners to delivery projects from initiation through closure
- Identifies and resolves issues and manages risks
- Full management responsibilities including hiring, coaching, performance reviews and terminating
- Provide thought leadership to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems
What's Required of Me?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in IT service delivery with direct line of business engagement
- 10+ years managing complex IT projects and project management and supporting methodologies
- PM Certification
- 5+ years leading a team; experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Experience with Sharepoint for document management and sharing
- Proven successful delivery of projects using industry standard methodologies
- Experience teaching and mentoring peers on project management processes, tools, and standards
- Strong ability to collaborate with and mentor IT team members; guiding them through IT processes/methodologies and ensuring compliance
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating and consensus building with the ability to drive change
- Ability to understand industry best practices and adapt them to the Manhattan's, culture, and level of maturity
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience interfacing with vendor
- Technology integration and ITSM implementation experience preferred
- Portfolio/Project Management software implementation experience
- Preferred strategy and planning experience
- Ability to influence and negotiate agreement on scope and schedule with business partners
- Highly self-motivated, directed, ability to work independently and be results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top