Senior Engineer - Security, ETS
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought-after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important...as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud-based solutions.
Where Will I Be Working?
ETS, or Enterprise Technology Services, is the backbone of Manhattan Associate's infrastructure. They make sure our systems, applications, and devices are all synced and up-to-date, so the rest of the organization can be productive and effective in making Manhattan run. In ETS, you will get experience in automation, cloud architecture, enterprise support, and work with various vendors to ensure success. They provide life to Manhattan Associates, keeping everything turned on and working optimally.
What's the Big Picture?
The Security Engineer plays an integral role in ensuring compliance with security policies across the organization. The engineer is responsible for monitoring security controls and responding to risks related to the security of client, company, and employee information. The security engineer must use acquired security knowledge to review and respond to security related events and alerts from centralized monitoring systems. The engineer will determine if security alert events are legitimate and require further action. The engineer will take actions as appropriate monitoring and control systems, as well as escalating to other teams if needed. This position will require the candidate to be well-versed in multiple areas of Information Security and will have the opportunity to work with various information security technologies at any given time.
What Will I Be Doing?
Some of the important tasks you will be doing are:
- Linux/Windows/MAC OS end-point security
- Ensure known vulnerabilities are managed and mitigated in a timely manner
- Ensure configurations remain in compliance with security requirements
- Ensure malware incidents are minimized and handled appropriately
- Monitor end-user compliance with acceptable use policies
- Ensure regulatory controls are followed and evidence is maintained for review
- Maintain current knowledge of security practices
- Review security bulletins and assess impact
- Ability to evaluate security implications of current processes, service requests, and proposed changes
- Knowledge of security best practices for:
- Operating systems including Windows desktop and server, OSX, Linux
- Network security including VLANs, ACLs, TCP/IP
- Active Directory, including security groups and group policy objects
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanning, monitoring, and forensics tools
- Familiarity with cloud environment security tools in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of security and/or regulatory frameworks such as ISO or NIST
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues
- Willing to work flexible hours when needed
Scope of Impact/Degree of Independence :
- Ability to manage tasks independently and escalate as necessary
- Understanding of business impact and critical needs for IT services
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority:
- Analytical skills needed to assess vulnerabilities, threats, and potential impacts
- Decision making authority will be defined by processes and will primarily involve responding to security events and alerts through ticketing systems
Client (Internal/External) Relationship Skills:
- Ability to work collaboratively with the IT organization to address security needs and concerns
- Ability to coordinate between multiple groups and maintain open communications
What's Required of Me?
- 3 years of experience in information technology service, operations, or processing including:
- anti-malware and malware response
- end-point security controls; variety of technologies
- forensic analysis of multiple OS platforms following best practice forensic process
- vulnerability event response
- incident response and change management
- scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- web penetration testing
- cloud environment monitoring (AWS, Azure, Google)
- SSH key-pair management and use
- Expert level knowledge of Linux OS
- Familiarity with networking components including: routers, switches, and firewalls
- Familiarity with security components including: SIEMs, IDS/IPS, vulnerability mgmt tools
- Ability to:
- think critically and assess risk
- track issues to resolution
- work with and coordinate between multiple groups
- function in a dynamic environment
- manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- understand business needs
- prioritize appropriately
- communicate clearly
- pay attention to detail
- Desire and ability to learn security best practices and promote security throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or comparable experience.
- CEH, CHFI, SSCP or Security+ highly desired
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top