Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
JOB SUMMARY –
Responsible for overseeing strategic planning, development and implementation and measurement of all corporate communications programs. Responsible for Public Relations, Media Relations, Internal Communications, Executive Communications, Social Media and Internal Communications. May be responsible for Analyst Relations. Align our corporate communications strategies with the overall company and marketing goals. Develop and execute innovative, proactive, and strategic programs leveraging traditional and new media as well as developing and supporting internal communications programs, including executive communications. Drive a consistent and positive brand reputation by ensuring that Manhattan maintains the highest share of voice in the category.
- Minimum of 15+ years of corporate communications experience, 50+% on corporate side; software company experience preferred.
- 7 + years leading a team of communications and/or marketing professionals. Selects, develops and evaluates team to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Demonstrated results increasing company awareness through press and social media.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, key message and content development for internal and external audiences.
- Experience in effectively handling high-profile communications issues, demonstrating sound judgment and persuasive counseling to senior management.
- Ability to work with customers to develop case studies, bylined articles and press stories.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Experience leading cross functional teams as well as direct employees and agencies.
- Experience in working with a broad cross-section of media/influencers with well-developed skills in building and extending media/influencer relationships.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing communications, journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Functional areas of responsibility include: Public Relations, Social Media, External Communications, Internal Communications, including Executive-level communications.
- Manage the development, implementation and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies, with the goal of establishing the most positive image of the company with investors, potential customers, employees and the public.
- Develops and implements strategies and programs to communicate business objectives, culture and values to employees. Designs, edits and oversees the distribution of internal communications with a variety of media. Provides guidance to executive management regarding corporate announcements.
- Develop strategic, integrated, and Americas communication plans, execute outreach to national businesses, trades, technology and social influencers.
- Develop and execute a scalable, media relations plan in coordination with the global communications team.
- Develop and execute integrated internal and external communications campaigns/programs within scope and budget. Evaluates fit with target audience to ensure comprehension.
- Develop and implement plans to emphasize and support brand awareness.
- Use technology to enable and improve both external and internal communications; corporate intranet, landing pages, social media.
Scope of Impact/Degree of Independence
- Assists executives and/or other senior leaders in defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Provides strategy and direction for major functional area.
- Erroneous decision can have long-term effect on the company's success.
Client Relationship Skills
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management,
- Influences decision makers internally and externally
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Professional Services Consultant
Halle oversees Manhattan Associates’ order management software contracts from the time of signing until the program goes live, ensuring smooth processes that meet every client need and objective.
Back to top