Principal Software Engineer, POS
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
Where You Will Work
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates' product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
Is this for me?
- Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
- Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
- Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
- Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications from the ground up?
- Do you demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment?
- Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating?
What am I doing?
You will be designing and developing Mobile POS, with vision, drive, and experience in building distributed and highly scalable software solutions. You will demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment. Also, you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating. And you will be working some really innovative, industry changing software that will enhance your career and technical aptitude.
What's required of me?
- Design and develop large-scale, multi-tier, distributed mobile software solutions
- Build resilient and cloud ready solutions
- Be responsible for the quality of software; we believe quality is responsibility of the developer
- 5+ years of development and delivery experience with distributed commercial software applications.
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 3-5 years' experience developing across mobile platforms
- 3-5 years' experience with HTML to include HTML5 and CSS3, as well as EXT-JS and/or Angular.js
- Comprehensive understanding of deploying apps to platform stores (app store, google play, Microsoft store, etc.)
- Experience developing mobile applications with limited connectivity
- Experience with mobile device security
- Hands-on experience in building REST services using Spring Boot or Play framework and Scala
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Extreme Programming (XP).
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Professional Services Consultant
Halle oversees Manhattan Associates’ order management software contracts from the time of signing until the program goes live, ensuring smooth processes that meet every client need and objective.
Back to top