Principal Network Engineer
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
Where Will I Be Working?
ETS, or Enterprise Technology Services, is the backbone of Manhattan Associate's infrastructure. They make sure our systems, applications, and devices are all synced and up-to-date so the rest of the organization can be productive and effective in making Manhattan run. In ETS, you will get experience in automation, cloud architecture, enterprise support, and work with various vendors to ensure success. They provide life to Manhattan Associates, keeping everything turned on and working optimally.
What's the Big Picture?
We are looking for a talented and energetic senior-level Network Engineer with strong IP networking skills based in our Atlanta, GA office. As one of the primary engineers supporting Manhattan Associates' global data network in over 11 locations, this role will be part of Manhattan Associates' worldwide Network and Telecom team, driving the design, deployment, monitoring and support of our Cisco and Checkpoint network and unified communications devices.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Leading network data and security architecture design, growth discussions and initiatives
- Ability to design solutions to optimize performance for data centers or a mobile workforce
- Participating in worldwide VoIP architecture design, growth discussions and initiatives
- Support of Manhattan Associates' global network and voice environments (including firewalls, VPN devices, switches, routers and WAN optimization appliances) from layer 1 through 7, using ticketing systems to track progress
- Providing after hours, on-call and escalation support of Manhattan Associates' 24x7 networking and voice environment, including system outages and incident response
- Managing vendor relationships to optimize support processes
- Working closely with colleagues globally on design and support issues
What's Required of Me?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 6-8 years of experience supporting a Cisco networking environment, CCIE preferred. Preference will be given to individuals who have worked in a design or architectural role.
- 2 – 4 years of experience deploying and maintaining IPSEC and SSL VPNs, GRE tunnels, etc.
- 2 – 4 years of experience configuring and maintaining Checkpoint, ASA, and/or other layer 7 firewalls
- 1 – 2 years of experience with Network Access Control technologies including 802.1x, Microsoft NAP, Cisco NAC, and/or Symantec SNAC
- Proven self-starter, able to work independently to support a dedicated customer base
- Ability to design and troubleshoot enterprise network architectures that include switching, routing, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP/IP v4 and v6, and Cisco IOS QoS features
- Knowledge of VoIP signaling protocols and SIP initiatives and voice codec optimization/implementation
- Strong troubleshooting skills for a multi-vendor network environment
- Knowledge of MRTG and other monitoring tools
- Some travel required
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top