Principal Engineer, ETS, Service Delivery (Financial)
- Atlanta, GA
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
The Principal Engineer, Service Delivery (Financial) is responsible for designing, developing and delivering one or more IT services to internal or external customers. The role works with business leaders to collate business needs, plans and priorities; and with ETS service teams to plan and coordinate the underlying platforms technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure/Customize Financial System applications and facilitate rollout of new applications and modules as appropriate
- Lead ongoing production support and end user support, including but not limited to support and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics GP, all related third-party software, and integrations to other systems
- Identify gaps and opportunities to improve effectiveness of the Financial applications suite.
- Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments
- Oversee and/or develop technical specifications and code changes.
- Oversee and/or writes SQL scripts, queries, and ad hoc reports
- Perform quality assurance on all technical deliverables
- Understands IT service cost drivers and connects cost of service to consumption drivers
- Assists in demand planning and demand management conversations with assigned business partners around their needs for ETS related services
- Assist in development of roadmaps for IT tools to ensure platform reliability and functionality that conforms to the IT landscape as well as establishing governance process around modification and utilization of tools
- Reports and escalates service delivery metrics and issues as pertains to their assigned customer groups
- Assists in preparation and participates in regular customer service delivery quality reviews with assigned internal customers
- Works closely with assigned line of business and understands and translates business needs into objectives and sustainable product implementations
- Assist in organizing, planning and managing projects and ensuring all related SDLC activities are executed with quality and within schedule
- Provides oversight and accountability for initiatives which could include projects, requests and/or incidents for various lines of business across domain area, i.e. Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, BPC, Anaplan, MRS, Resource Scheduler, Concur, etc.
- Adapts plans to address challenges and still deliver on service capabilities
- Day to day management of teammates including setting priorities and monitoring progress of the team relative to established objectives and priorities
- Assist team with facilitating requirements and business objectives
- Partners with other ETS partners to delivery projects from initiation through closure
- Identifies and resolves issues and manages risks
- Full talent management responsibilities including hiring, coaching, performance reviews and terminating
- Assists business in understanding ETS processes
- Provide thought leadership to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems
- 7+ years of experience in IT service delivery with direct line of business engagement
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Finance processes
- 5+ years of Financial Application development and support experience including configuration/customization of applications and integrations across applications/modules
- 5+ years managing complex IT projects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong familiarity with Dynamics GP back-end database
- Proficiency in report development using SSRS
- Proficiency in .NET programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics GP Installation and administration
- Experience with modeling business process and translating requirements into business applications
- Strong debugging skills desired, e.g. ability to read and analyze network traces, fiddler, SQL trace, etc.
- Highly Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites -
- Highly Proficiency with Microsoft Project or similar project management tool, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast- paced environment
- Experience interfacing and partnering with vendors
- Preferred strategy/roadmap and planning experience
- Strong business acumen and domain experience in assigned portfolio
- Ability to influence and negotiate agreement on scope and schedule with business partners
- Highly self-motivated, directed, ability to work independently and be results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top