Principal Business Analyst, R&D
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
Where You Will Work
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates' product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
What's the Big Picture?
Some of the important things you will do in this role:
- Analyze business requirements for product changes of high complexity, and writes conceptual and/or functional specification documents, with no supervision.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of design frameworks, patterns, and tools used in the creation of designs (e.g. UML, RUP).
- Perform User Interface prototyping (e.g. building screen mock-ups via Office tools, using Dream Weaver for HTML prototyping) for very complex screens and entire modules.
- Perform user acceptance level testing to verify end solution satisfies original requirement, with no supervision.
- Collaborate with technical writers to ensure documentation is enhanced properly, and helps drive documentation content and layout.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the application and a high level of understanding in many modules/areas.
- Drive the design practices and procedures for the application.
- Identify major gaps in requirements and highlights them to stakeholders to get them resolved.
- Conduct system integration testing, under minimal/indirect supervision.
- Use your knowledge of the product and the industry to provide input in to the prioritization of desired features.
- Serve as product expert in sales and customer situations.
- Function as an independent lead in driving conceptual design and discussion on major new modules or pieces of functionality.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of project plans for design-related tasks for each release.
- Verify the user experience of a large subsection of a product.
What's Required of Me?
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field
- 5 years of experience developing application software, OR…
- 5 years of experience implementing or executing supply chain planning/execution software directly in the corresponding business domain (i.e. Business Intelligence, Order Management, SCI/Visibility, Transportation, etc.), OR…
- 7 years of experience in supply chain related operations managing software implementations / design like Manhattan's products
- 3 years of this experience should include the use of design frameworks, patterns, and tools to provide software design specifications for the supply chain domain.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top