Principal Business Analyst - Finance, ETS
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define/document business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems and process issues
- Gain practical, working knowledge of ways business users leverage historical data to understand trends and answer questions
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems and features in order to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow
- Make recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business capabilities
- Collaborate in the planning, design, testing, and deployment of new capabilities
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address analysis solutions to existing business challenges
- Create process flows, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers
- Coordinate and perform in-depth quality assurance tests, including end-user reviews, for new items and modifications to existing items
- Assist in product evaluations activities
- Provide post-implementation support
- Provide orientation and training to end users
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members
- Partner with internal business constituents to facilitate, implement, and support processes and controls that increase overall efficiencies and decrease applicable risks to the enterprise
What's Required of Me?
- BS Degree in a relevant field
- 7+ years' experience in business analysis and gathering requirements, as they relate to finance and accounting related solutions
- Practical knowledge of Structured Query Language
- Practical knowledge of source and destination data mapping, ETL definition, business rule definition
- Experience translating requirements into test scripts
- Experience with core business processes across various functions, including, but not limited to, Finance and Accounting
- Experience with Agile-based Project Management methodologies
- Experience documenting Business Process Flows using Microsoft Visio, or similar applications
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Be highly self-motivated, self-directed, and results-driven
- Capable of working independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and nonverbal skills
- Logical and efficient
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-based, collaborative environment
What Would Make Me Stand Out?
- Great Plains or similar ERP package experience
- Anaplan and/or Concur experience
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top