Market Development Specialist - Inside Sales
- Atlanta, GA
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
Manhattan Associates' Marketing Team is seeking a entry level Market Development Specialist to create demand and qualify cross sell opportunities for existing Manhattan Associates' clients. The candidate will work closely with Sales, Account Management and Field Marketing to prospect into and nurture targeted accounts. The candidate will have a strong working knowledge of Manhattan's supply chain, omni-channel and inventory solutions as well as our clients. He or she will be a strategic thinker with a focus on driving revenue. The ideal candidate has prior experience working and interacting directly with Manhattan clients with a high level of comfort interacting with C-suite executives.
- Prospect into named, targeted accounts with the goal of nurturing and qualifying cross sell opportunities to hand off to Sales.
- Conduct research on targeted accounts to understand their environment and supply chain/omni channel issues.
- Understand buyer personas across targeted solutions; research new contacts to prospect into, building our customer database.
- Nurture targeted accounts that have expressed an interest in additional Manhattan solutions, providing industry and Manhattan information in creative ways.
- Work with Field marketing to create marketing programs to support outbound calling efforts with targeted accounts.
- Update Salesforce.com on a regular basis to track status of lead qualification and nurture; maintain accuracy and integration of client information in database.
- 6+ months of experience in sales, customer service, outbound demand generation, business development, or inside sales.
- A committed interest in lead generation/telemarketing/sales required.
- Knowledge of Manhattan Associates or competing Supply Chain or retail software products preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication; ability and enthusiasm to build relationships and problem solve on the spot
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Salesforce
Back to top