Manager, SEC Financial Reporting
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
JOB SUMMARY -
This position will be responsible for the financial consolidation and SEC reporting processes.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -
- 5+ years recent and relevant SEC experience, including financial statement and filing preparation.
- Experience with XBRL filing, including basic knowledge and understanding of XBRL taxonomy.
- Ability to research, document and resolve SEC and accounting issues.
- Experience in preparing international, multi-subsidiary consolidations.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interact with all levels of management and non-management personnel.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; strong work ethic.
- Organized with good attention to detail; ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Flexible, adaptable, hands-on approach.
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Excellent computer skills; experience with Great Plains software and/or ActiveDisclosure a plus.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS -
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA with Big 4 or national public accounting experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities -
- Work with global finance team to coordinate the financial results and disclosures for all divisions.
- Prepare worldwide consolidation, including multi-currency translation, intercompany elimination.
- Prepare SEC filings, including 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K/press release and supporting schedules, proxy statements, S-8, etc., including drafting of notes, discussions, and other narratives as required. Maintain documentation for all 10Q & 10K disclosures.
- Coordinate press release activities and timing with Marketing.
- Perform technical research, interpret accounting pronouncements and SEC requirements to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment and related disclosures.
- Keep abreast of all new accounting rules and evaluate applicability to the Company.
- Participate in Company audit and SOX compliance processes.
- Identify ways to promote efficiency within the financial reporting process, create a best practices environment.
- Preparation of internal reports and completion of other projects as needed.
- Design and write reports as requested from Consolidation system.
- Manage XBRL tagging process including coordination with external XBRL provider.
- Perform detailed review of XBRL submission and verify changes and corrections are executed properly.
Scope of Impact/Degree of Independence -
- Independently performs assignments to achieve stated objective. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May be responsible for accounting and financial assignments/ projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve objectives would typically result in noticeable process delays and material expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Uses judgment and discretion to determine work priorities, receiving little instruction from others.
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority -
- Performs advanced level professional work that typically requires identifying key barriers/core problems and applying problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Plans most aspects of own work and provide direction to others.
- Employs creative and innovative thinking to bring successful resolution to medium to high-impact, complex problems.
Client Relationship Skills -
- Serves as a leader with day-to-day responsibilities for ensuring quality products and timely services.
- Requires regular contact with internal and external clients.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top