Instructional Designer, Learning & Development
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
- Designs and develops instructional material for training courses that support company technical products and functional domain skills (supply chain management, consulting job performance skills, software development job performance skills).
- Builds learning outcomes-based e-learning for multiple modes of courseware, including interaction, exercise, and assessment types.
- Establishes and maintains high standards for learning material design, graphic arts, use of multi-media, linking, and blended learning integrations.
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Designs interactive, demonstrative exercises to produce effective learning outcomes.
- Collaborates with and coaches subject matter experts through the Learning Development process.
- Independently develops entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences.
- Utilizes multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Acts as liaison between line of business professionals and subject matter experts and HR business partners with Global Learning and Development team in determining expected learning outcomes, needs of the course and appropriate method of delivery.
- Facilitates the training development process for assigned courses: establishes and meets checkpoints, milestones and deliverables; performs or ensures QA/testing is performed; ensures issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Successful candidates will have experience creating the theory of a course and determining how instructor-led and online technologies can be used to achieve the objectives of the training program.
- Instructional Design for Soft Skills courses - must have samples of work
- Instructional Design for configured software (Instructor-led and online)
- Instructional Design for Instructor-Led Training
- Instructional Design for E-learning (required) – must have samples of work
- Adult Learning Methodology
- Technical Writing
- Performance measuring
- Curriculum and course development
- Able to quickly learn company technology and processes
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Project Coordination / Facilitation (own projects)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with responsive eLearning design
- Rapid Development or similar e-learning development methodology
- Trouble-shooting & QA experience
- Experience with curriculum learning paths, especially as posted in Learning Management System
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject.
- Minimum of three years of instructional design and/or technical writing experience.
- Microsoft Office
- E-Learning authoring tools: Articulate, Lectora, Captivate
- Graphics editing software
- Desired: HTML5, Creative Cloud, Multimedia editing software (video, audio editing)
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top