Educational Services Consultant/Software Product Trainer
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
JOB SUMMARY -
An Educational Services Consultant conducts advanced in-house and on-site training classes for internal and external customers regarding operation and features of Manhattan Associates' various products. Prepares training materials and documentation for customers. Tests and maintains training software. Operates under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment. Usually requires 1-5+ years of experience in technical training, field sales, product support and/or consulting.
An Educational Services Consultant will have direct contact with client's technical and warehouse personnel. Must possess thorough knowledge of most product lines with specific expertise in application of advanced problem-solving techniques. Must be familiar with Supply Chain Industry and have experience with Warehouse Management systems.
The Educational Services Consultant must be flexible with regard to work hours and scheduled shifts. Must be willing to travel up to 75%.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -
- 1 -3+ years of experience in education, human resources, client management, system administration, consulting, product development, project implementation or equivalent demonstrable skills.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS -
- BS/BA or higher in a technical field or related work experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities -
- Conducts intermediate to advanced-level in-house and on-site classes on features and operations of Manhattan Associates' products. Responsible for lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, seminars, field assignments and independent or group projects. May provide individual instruction, as needed. Must be proficient in adult learning techniques, technical training skills, business writing and public speaking skills.
- Prepares reports of trainee progress and performance for client and Manhattan management teams upon request.
- Confers with internal management and staff to determine product information and subsequent training objectives. Prepares training materials and documentation for customers. Ensures that materials and documentation are technically accurate and conforms to Manhattan's style.
- Creates tests, maintains and makes modifications to curriculum and training software modules as needed. Demonstrates procedures being taught and displayed with a high-level of product knowledge.
- Proficient with Manhattan Associates' products and other software to include Open Systems PL1 Courseware, Open Systems PL2 Courseware, iSeries WM PL1 & 2 Courseware, SQL Server, Oracle database, AS/400, ILS Suite, IPS Suite, UNIX, Visio and all Microsoft applications.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top