Director, Software Engineering, R&D
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
What Drives Us
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to Focus on the Customer, Seize Every Opportunity, and Never Settle. With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important…as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud based solutions.
Where You Will Work
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates' product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
Is this for me?
- Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
- Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
- Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
- Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications from the ground up?
- Do you write high quality, well-tested code with a passion for automation; you don't like doing the same thing twice?
- Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating?
What's the Big Picture?
Some of the important things you will do in this role:
- Directs the activities of a software solution for software application enhancements, fixes, and new products.
- Oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of the solution and/or shared frameworks
- Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Interacts with product management and users to define application requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- May have responsibility for testing and documentation.
- Manages a medium sized team of Manager/Directors in their daily activities ensuring software best practices are followed across their teams
- Identifies and implements improvements to the development lifecycle
- Responsible for the successful cross-geo coordination of development tasks
- Collaborates with PSO/CSO to support customer implementations and production fixes.
- Provides employees with timely feedback, coaching and development to ensure a high-performing, talented workforce.
- Develops an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and open communication.
What Require of Me?
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field.
- 10 years of experience developing, supporting, or implementing application software
- 5 years of experience managing small/medium application development teams
- 3 years of experience working with Oracle or DB2 databases
- 7 years of experience developing with C++ or Java
- 7 years of experience working in Linux or UNIX operating systems
- 2 years of experience developing with Spring, JEE, JSP, or JSF frameworks
- 5 years of experience utilizing WebSphere, JBoss, or WebLogic application servers
- 1 year experience managing remote/offshore development activities
- Proven ability to successful manage and motivate application development teams
- 3 years of experience managing and coaching technical staff; includes hiring, mentoring, etc.
- Proven ability to work with product management, architecture, and senior R&D leadership to support the planning of software releases
- Track record of delivering releases on-time and on-schedule
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top