Director, Marketing Automation & Operations
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
The Director, Marketing Automation & Operations is responsible for helping craft and deliver on the current and future success of Manhattan Associates' marketing processes and marketing technology systems. The Director is responsible for supplying the strategic direction behind the best practices application of Manhattan's marketing technology solutions to drive optimal success and output from campaign initiatives. The objective is to have an innovative and sophisticated marketing infrastructure that drives efficiency, visibility, and revenue to support the sales and marketing goals at Manhattan. The role also leads all global reporting for the department. This role will report directly to the VP of Field Marketing.
The ideal candidate is someone that works well under pressure as they juggle requests from multiple Manhattan stakeholders globally, while managing and prioritizing competing projects. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to develop the optimal strategic approach with the knowledge of how to effectively execute upon the strategy. The ideal candidate should also be proactive, detail oriented and a strong people-leader. He or she should possess a strong aptitude for and knowledge of marketing automation and CRM systems, as well as marketing concepts, and best practices as it pertains to campaign strategy, execution and metrics.
- Manage and maintain the optimal operations of Manhattan's marketing systems, ensuring optimal data quality, lead flows, campaign tracking and sales enablement, and data integrity.
- Provide weekly and monthly executive reporting on global marketing operations, campaign performance, opportunity creation and departmental activities.
- Lead the analytics function for campaigns with particular emphasis on lead generation benchmarks, tracking and analytics.
- Provide strategic oversight and direction to marketing for campaign approach and development to ensure each campaign is being developed and executed to its maximum potential
- Maintain and enhance Manhattan marketing cloud infrastructure to support new and existing improvement projects.
- Evaluate campaign strategies and plans and make recommendations as to how the campaign can be improved to take better advantage of the Eloqua platform.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the current strategic best practices within the marketing automation practice.
- Manage resources, budgets and priorities to maximize team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide thought leadership and best practices in the area of marketing automation.
- Lead a high performing team including effective management of 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Achieve operational excellence by effectively managing processes and service delivery.
- Directly manage and develop the Manhattan Strategic Marketing Operations team.
- Oversee and support Manhattan's marketing automation tools, including Marketo and the interactions with other integrated systems such as Salesforce.com.
- Effectively communicate system changes and enhancements to the sales and marketing teams
- Leverage marketing automation and CRM platforms to identify insights, prompt marketing and sales activities, and deliver revenue.
- Build and maintain an attribution model that sheds light on channel performance.
- Create scalable, innovative approaches to obtaining, managing, and analyze data.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or the equivalent
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in marketing operations and marketing automation, preferably in a software environment
- Deep level of proficiency with an Enterprise level Marketing Automation solution required. Marketo experience strongly preferred.
- Deep level of CRM knowledge required. Salesforce.com experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years in a people-management role
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven track record of supporting successful demand generation programs with experience in marketing databases, segmentation, email execution and lead processes
- Has demonstrable marketing acumen and understanding of integrated marketing practices/principles, and understands their application to systems
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, presentation
- Strong analytical skills to be able to take data and transform it into informed action. Strong experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Domo would be beneficial.
- Highly detail oriented. Organized and able to meet reporting demands across a global organization
- Great at building relationships with internal and external business partners with the ability to advise and influence decisions at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable leading presentations, meetings, and consultations for joint planning purposes
- Deep understanding of campaign flows, nurturing and other marketing automation campaign concepts and capabilities
- Ability to think strategically to recommend improvements for individual campaigns that will best leverage marketing automation platform capabilities
- Strong familiarity with best in class lead generation practices for campaign landing pages, search and email.
- Strong project management skills along with being detail oriented to ensure flawless campaign delivery support
- Excellent people management and leadership skills with the ability to attract, recruit and retain great people.
- Experience in planning, managing budgets and resources
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top