Director, Market Development
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency-optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
JOB SUMMARY -
Develops objectives and strategies for the overall effectiveness and execution of Develop industry and solution level demand generation programs and collaborate on marketing programs and activities to increase market share within Manhattan's priority industry verticals. Partner with sales leaders, account executives and account managers to support our business and sales goals
- 10+ years of corporate marketing/demand generation leadership experience, preferably in the technology/software environment
- Prior B2B sales experience preferred
- 7+ years leading a team of sales and/or marketing professionals. Selects, develops and evaluates team to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with prior experience interacting with C-Level executives, Sales and Marketing colleagues. Excellent project management and results oriented skills
- Strategic thinking with regard to brand building experiences
- Ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Flexibility to react quickly in a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Experience with meeting management software preferred
- Travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
Principal Duties and Responsibilities -
- Work closely with sales to present marketing generated opportunities with the goal of converting them to Sales Accepted Opportunities.
- Track and measure success against KPIs for pipeline, marketing generated pipeline, SAO volume and SAO value
- Qualify lead, provide high-level overview of products and services, update Salesforce.com, fulfill literature, and transition lead.
- Successfully communicate MA messaging and solution set to prospects during events.
- Develop and execute broad range of integrated inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, programs and promotions to acquire new customers, expand and retain installed base, generate net new pipeline and accelerate sales opportunities in pipeline ensuring all activities are aligned to sales priorities and selling motions.
- Recommend new ideas and approaches for marketing and positioning Manhattan solutions within our existing install base as well as to prospective clients.
- Obtain and apply market research/competitive intelligence to understand user needs and to identify market trends and dynamics specific to our priority industries.
- Be an ambassador of the brand, ensuring it represents and advocates for the voice of the customer.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values a commitment to quality
Scope of Impact/Degree of Independence
- Assists executives and/or other senior leaders in defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Partners with Sales, head of programs and other members of the marketing team. Uses influence skills to navigate decisions through the organization quickly and adeptly while generating buy-in.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Provides strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Erroneous decision can have long-term effect on the company's success
Client Relationship Skills
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management,
- Influences decision makers internally and externally
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Back to top