Director, Global Marketing Programs
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
JOB SUMMARY –
The Director, Global Marketing Programs position requires more than just the ability to execute against existing and traditional campaigns models. This role will be responsible for the total life-cycle of strategic marketing campaigns—collaborating with stakeholders to identify new opportunities, developing strategies, designing programs, and then executing, measuring, and evaluating them against agreed upon business goals and objectives. Develop industry and solution-level marketing programs and collaborate on demand generation activities to increase awareness of Manhattan's solutions in the market and ultimately increase market share within Manhattan's priority industry verticals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS –
- 10 + years of experience within marketing programs, building and managing digital marketing programs and operations, preferably in Supply Chain Management solutions.
- 7 + years leading a team of communications and/or marketing professionals. Selects, develops and evaluates team to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Experience with marketing automation software, preferably Marketo, and CRM platforms (SFDC) and other business critical marketing applications.
- Demonstrated track record in driving product revenue through marketing execution and industry thought leadership, preferably to a global customer base.
- Business oriented strategic thinker with an ability to implement and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Must be an excellent team player who is dependable, confident, committed, flexible, innovative, and detail-oriented.
- Proven track record of successful campaign development and execution, preferably in a B2B environment
- Thorough understanding of online, offline, and direct marketing principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders outside of immediate team – sales, leadership, regional teams and other functions within Marketing.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to easily interact with a demanding group of sales and marketing team members, appropriately juggling requests from different individuals.
- Results oriented: ability to track results, derive actionable insights from resulting data, and quantify meaningful impact.
- Excellent verbal, written, visual communication skills -- and comfortable presenting to large audiences.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS –
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities –
- CAMPAIGNS – Identify target markets, outline goals and set/manage budgets for the various campaigns. Lead marketing efforts in support of the launch of new products and releases, both internally and externally. This includes managing campaigns from 'cradle to grave' and overseeing all campaign follow-up (via Market Development or other resources). Recommend new ideas and approaches for marketing and positioning Manhattan solutions within our existing install base as well as to prospective clients.
- EVENTS – Take ownership for planning and execution of tradeshow and conference sponsorship from a content, engagement and results perspective (supported by events team for contracts, logistics and production).
- MESSAGING - Ensure that messaging is differentiated from competitors in the marketplace. Develop solution/product positioning and messaging that is differentiating and resonates with target customers. Champion dissemination of messaging throughout the organization.
- CONTENT - Work collaboratively with product marketing and content to aid the creation of effective marketing collateral, including product brochures, data sheets, white papers, FAQs and web sites.
- RESEARCH & ANALYSIS - Obtain and apply market research/competitive intelligence to understand user needs and to identify market trends and dynamics specific to our priority industries. Keep abreast of customer, competitive and market trends in conjunction with other team members to ensure relevance in all outreach programs and internal communication of domain knowledge. Evaluate market trends and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- DELIVERABLES - Ensure achievement of strategic objectives for a specific market or industry segment within the organization. Oversee the implementation of plans across market/segment to achieve sales, operational, and organizational goals. Evaluate effectiveness and profitability of programs. Monitor the development of business plans, assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share. Distill broad concepts and business strategies into structured program marketing plans.
- PARTNERS - Develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen position in assigned market/segment.
- PR / AR - Support analyst relations and relations with other industry influencers -- and provide on-going presentations to prospects, customers, and key influencers.
- WEBSITE – Work collaboratively with the web content team to ensure our regional websites carry appropriate messaging, underpin our campaigns and drive engagement as part of our programs.
Scope of Impact/Degree of Independence –
- Assists executives and/or other senior leaders in defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority –
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Provides strategy and direction for major functional area.
- Erroneous decision can have long-term effect on the company's success.
Client Relationship Skills –
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management,
- Influences decision makers internally and externally
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top