Director, Customer Training & Change Management Services
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
Come work with the worlds' best known brands, be part of the retail transformation that's happening right now in the marketplace, with the the most dynamic exciting technology that's out there, at a stable growing company with Gartner leading quadrant pedigree. We are seeking a transformative leader to engage the senior level of our top-tier brand clients in helping them with their supply chain commerce journey.
The Director, Customer Training & Change Management Services, leads the business operations and resources of this practice. Accountable for managing the three main pillars of the practice: people management, portfolio/service delivery management and sales enablement. With profit and loss responsibility of the practice, this director position is responsible for an increasingly diverse organization based upon complexity of the customers, the solutions, and the dollar value of the practice. Additionally, the individual in this role would be tasked with growing and innovating our COE globally. As director, this role is accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of practice.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities.
- Deliver a world class training and enabled change experience to Manhattan's customers globally.
- Engage with executive-level customers to design and deploy their change and training strategy with Manhattan's solutions.
- Identify, lead, and/or oversee the development of customer-facing business solutions and offerings that have an impact on the market. May serve as advisor or project sponsor role for complex engagements.
- Responsible for cultivating Company cross-functional strategies and communications through the creation and maintenance of strategic relationships with other lines of business which may include Product Development, Product Marketing, Support, Software and Consulting Sales, and License Sales.
- Actively develops new approaches and opportunities for expanding customer base. Creates and implements sales and operational processes to drive consistency and support achievement of practice business strategy.
- Direct and ensure the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interact internally and externally with executive management.
- Deliver courses and services as appropriate and in line with program and services offerings.
- Manage the operational schedule of classroom and virtual sessions, assigned instructors, utilization of instructors and classrooms, equipment and supporting training environments.
- Set and maintain standards for service and training delivery to clients.
- Work with Instructional Design team to garner feedback on best practices and requirements for classroom and learners.
Scope of Impact/Degree of Independence
- Assists senior leaders in defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area.
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Provide strategy and direction for major functional area.
Client Relationship Skills
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management.
- Influences decision makers internally and externally.
- 10+ years experience leading customer-facing training and/or service delivery role
- Responsible for setting and driving the strategic direction, ensuring profitable growth of the practice, quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability
- 5+ years leading a team; experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team, demonstrated excellence managing subject matter experts, professionals and/or instructor-level faculty
- 5+ years of consulting management experience with demonstrated excellence in training and service delivery, to best practice standards
- Master of change management practice delivery, preferably in the supply chain space
- Experience with supply chain topics, job roles and impacts, preferably including familiarity with Manhattan Associates software product offerings
- Demonstrated experience with a broad range of training categories across Leadership, Professional, Product, Domain and Technical Skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate agreement on scope and schedule with business partners
- Highly self-motivated, directed, ability to work independently and be results-driven
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Proficient in using selling and negotiation techniques and tools
- Ability to travel as necessary, preferably 50%+.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business or related field
- Post-graduate degree in Education, Management, or functionally relevant domain - Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Organizational Development, similar preferred
DISCLAIMER: This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, responsibilities and other essential functions expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top