Account Executive, Sales (Sydney, Australia)
Manhattan designs, builds and delivers market-leading Supply Chain Commerce solutions for its customers around the world. We help drive the commerce revolution with unmatched insight and unrivaled technology, connecting front-end revenue and relationships with back-end execution and efficiency—optimized on a common technology platform. This platform-based approach is enabling leading companies across the globe to get closer to their customers and achieve real-world results.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, you will provide effective support to lead sales activities towards new or expanded business for Manhattan Associates in Australia and New Zealand. You will work with existing customers in an account management role as well as spearhead new sales activities.
While working with our talented people both locally and globally, you will be provided with world-class learning & development opportunities, as well as global support to achieve success in the role.
- Execute appropriate market development and account sales strategies under guidance of the Sales Director;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospects and customers;
- Understand and articulate the Value proposition of Manhattan products and services;
- Understand the Competitive position and landscape to enable differentiation of Manhattan products/service ;
- Opportunity/Lead qualification;
- Co-ordinate and manage all resources required to sell;
- Support the Sales Director in coordinating and/or leading contract negotiation and closure;
- Follow corporate sales methodology and processes - complex sales and use of Salesforce.com;
- Research the potential business pains and issues of prospects/customers;
- Coordinates product introduction and leverage market intel with marketing and sales organisations to ensure maximum penetration of various market segments;
- Supports partners/alliances to perform sales and marketing activities;
- Other responsibilities as required.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred in business, computer science, logistics, supply chain, and/or Industry Engineering
- Candidates at all levels could be considered - Account Manager with minimum 2- 3 years' experience to Business Development Manager with minimum - 4-5 years' experience in supply chain software/solutions sales related roles. You show us your capabilities and potentials; we will ensure you the great opportunities ahead for your career!
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of executing lead generation activities and engagement with different channels and partners
- Demonstrable success in managing complex, medium/large-scale, regional sales cycles
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills – Fluent English required, plus strong cultural awareness on both social and business levels
- Methodological and be able to serve as an advisor to assigned accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
- Quick learner and Fast thinker with the strong ability to respond and solve problem in an efficient manner
- Ability to work independently as well as to participate effectively in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
If you are interested in building your career in the supply chain industry and have a "can do" attitude, this is a fabulous opportunity for you to make a difference! We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Meet Some of Manhattan Associates's Employees
Senior Vice President, Global Research and Development, Manhattan Associates
The inner workings of software are very complex, and it's very difficult to produce, so you need a high intellect and energy.
Back to top