Senior Android Developer
Mango Languages has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Android Developer to take the next step forward in their career. Why join Mango? As a leading language-learning resource used by millions of users around the world, our Senior Android Developer will play a crucial role in setting the direction for our mobile development and help design and create apps that will be enjoyed by language learners the world over.
In this role, you’ll help lead and build new cutting-edge, user-friendly Android applications and help to maintain and improve existing products. You’ll utilize your passion for mobile and your knowledge of Android to help advance our platforms and deepen our commitment to mobile. Whether you’re creating information architectures or mentoring a junior developer, your daily responsibilities will be rewarding, dynamic, and a whole lot of fun. You’ll be in the pivotal role of bringing to life the vision for our latest products on Android, and along the way, expect to collaborate with passionate, talented professionals from every corner of the globe and area of expertise.
Mango is a fast-paced, innovative environment, and your work will positively impact users around the world. With courses in over 71 world languages and a deep catalogue of ESL offerings, our team is creating solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing language-learning and mobility today. Care to join us?
- Be accountable for all technical decisions made within your team
- Identifying technical requirements and barriersIdentifying areas where non-technical individuals may not foresee issues
- Making architectural decisions based off the direction of the department
- Coordinate with the Project Manager on resource allocation and product timelines
- Ensuring project scope and resource allocation is clearIdentifying developers that are best-suited to address a task
- Facilitating the tracking of tasks throughout the team
- Facilitate the understanding of requirements and barriers
- Assisting in the discovery process with stakeholders
- Providing estimations and facilitating communication
- Working together with other team leads to address cross-team issues
- Provide technical direction to those on your team
- Setting expectations for team members
- Identifying team composition and technical goals
- Performing quarterly technical reviews
- Identifying training opportunities for team members
- Assisting with allocating resources based on demand
- Produce high quality code to help create new products and maintain and improve existing products
- Assisting with product (system) architecture
- Designing and creating information architectures
- Developing great products
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience
- 3+ years of current Android development experience
- Advanced knowledge of Android framework, design patterns, and application development lifecycle
- Experience with Kotlin, ConstraintLayout, Rx development (Preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring team members
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing lovable language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Each day, our passionate, dynamic team is driven by our core mission to enrich lives with language and culture. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software teaches real conversations (in 71 languages and counting!) and cultural background to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language lovers of all ages.
Meet Some of Mango Languages's Employees
Co-Founder & COO
Our program today has a heavy focus on building conversational skills, and that's very unique.
Back to top