Mid Level iOS Developer
Mango Languages has an exciting opportunity for a talented Mid Level iOS Developer to take the next step forward in their career. Why join Mango? As a leading language-learning resource used by millions of users around the world, our Mid Level iOS Developer will play a crucial role in setting the direction for our mobile development and help design and create apps that will be enjoyed by language learners the world over.
In this role, you’ll craft high-quality code to create new cutting-edge, user-friendly products and help to maintain and improve existing products. You’ll utilize your passion for mobile and your knowledge of iOS to help advance our platforms and deepen our commitment to mobile. Whether you’re creating information architectures or mentoring a junior developer, your daily responsibilities will be rewarding, dynamic, and a whole lot of fun. Expect to collaborate with passionate, talented professionals from every corner of the globe and area of expertise - the Mango team is made up of linguists, programmers, teachers, beatboxers, librarians, writers, artists, and even a rocket scientist.
- Produce high-quality code to help create new products and maintain and improve existing products.
- Assist with product (system) architecture
- Design and create information architectures
- Write scalable, extensible backend code
- Work with UI/UX designers to create user-friendly front ends
- Establish and document technical requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to research requirements
- Ensure requirements are properly documented
- Work with other developers to design systems that meet requirements
- Provide technical solutions and recommendations.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with requirements and data gathering
- Assist project managers with project task prioritization
- Participate in discussions about and contribute ideas towards the creation of new products and the improvement of existing products
- Share knowledge with technology team and mentor junior developers.
- Develop and implement best coding practices
- Pair programming
- Perform code reviews
- Advise peers on architectural decisions
- Help peers troubleshoot problems
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of iOS development experience
- Proficient with Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Graphics, Core Location, etc.
- Familiarity with application and view controller lifecycle
- Experience with auto-layout and storyboard references
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs from an iOS application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience publishing an app in the app store
Mango is a fast-paced, innovative environment, and your work will positively impact users around the world. With courses in over 71 world languages and a deep catalogue of ESL offerings, our team is creating solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing language-learning and mobility today. Care to join us?
Meet Some of Mango Languages's Employees
Co-Founder & COO
Our program today has a heavy focus on building conversational skills, and that's very unique.
Back to top