Mid Level Backend Developer
Are you a rising star in software development? Mango is looking for a Mid Level Backend Developer to join our talented tech team. If you’re a motivated, experienced developer ready to take your career to the next level, come grow alongside our dynamic team.
As a Mid Level Developer, you’ll serve as a key player in developing high-quality code, assisting with decision making, and providing technical solutions and recommendations. Working with a multidisciplinary team, you’ll work closely with senior developers to coordinate resource allocation and product timelines, assist in the discovery process with stakeholders, and help to provide technical direction to team members.
Our ideal candidate is also eager to mentor junior developers and share knowledge with fellow Mangos. You’re adept at identifying best practices and documenting them, and you’re comfortable reviewing code. You can also clearly explain technical aspects to fellow developers and non-tech people alike, facilitating understanding across teams. And, of course, you have proven experience in software development and backend coding. We’re looking for someone who is ready to become a critical team player, helping to shape where Mango’s lovable learning products are headed next.
Think you might be the perfect fit to join our tech team? We can’t wait to learn more about you!
- Produce high quality code to help create new products and maintain and improve existing products
- Assist with product (system) architecture
- Design and create information architectures
- Write scalable, extensible backend code
- Work with UI/UX designers to create user-friendly front ends
- Establish and document technical requirements
- Work with stakeholders to research requirements
- Ensure requirements are properly documented
- Work with other developers to design systems that meet requirements
- Provide technical solutions and recommendations
- Provide technical expertise and assist with requirements and data gathering
- Assist project managers with project task prioritization
- Participate in discussions about and contribute ideas towards the creation of new products and the improvement of existing products
- Share knowledge with technology team and mentor junior developers
- Develop and implement best coding practices
- Pair programming Perform code reviews
- Advise peers on architectural decisions
- Help peers troubleshoot problems
- Minimum 4 years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience in RoR various databases, e.g. MySQL, SQLite, Redis, CouchDB, Cassandra, and Memcached (Preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing lovable language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Each day, our passionate, dynamic team is driven by our core mission to enrich lives with language and culture. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software teaches real conversations (in 71 languages and counting!) and cultural background to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language lovers of all ages.
Meet Some of Mango Languages's Employees
Co-Founder & COO
Our program today has a heavy focus on building conversational skills, and that's very unique.
Back to top