Here at Mango, we consider our designers to be some of our key storytellers - and we’ve got a pretty incredible story to tell. As Mango’s creative designer, you’ll be on the frontline of brand communications - you’ll work across teams to visually connect with our clients, customers, and the world at large. Whether you’re designing a graphic for our next social media post or crafting an eye-catching sales sheet, we’ll look to you to appeal to Mango’s various verticals and values through new, fresh designs. Reporting to our Creative Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with the marketers, writers, and fellow designers behind our lovable brand - and add your own creative expertise into the mix.
Our ideal candidate will bring a passion for their craft and an expert knowledge of all the principles of design. We’re looking for a designer on a mission - if you think our core purpose of enriching lives with language and culture is valuable, then we’d love to have your voice in the room. In this role, you will contribute to the strategic development of the Mango brand, playing an active role in visualizing, conceptualizing, and executing game-changing visuals. As Mango’s resident designer, we’ll count on you to capture the passion of our Sales teams, bring the mission of our product to life, and obsess over the minor details of our beloved brand design. Fast-paced fun, creative marketing, lovable language learning — are you up for the challenge? We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Designing for digital channels (website, social media, etc…)
- Designing for print (sales sheets, collateral, etc…)
- Asset design and maintenance
- T-Shirt design
- At least 5 years of professional experience.A public portfolio of multiple examples of past work.
- Software skills in Adobe Creative Suite - primarily Illustrator (bonus points if you’ve had some experience in Sketch).Ability to align your work with a creative strategy.
- Deep understanding of typography and color theory.
- Experience working with copy/copy layout.
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines.
- Willing to accept projects that range from minor tasks to complex projects.
- Experience in print and digital design.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Ability to inspire “awe” in your designs. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Easily able to communicate concepts and ideas.
- Fearless of tight deadlines and direction change.
- Interest in learning new software and different design applications.
- You name your layers.
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing lovable language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Each day, our passionate, dynamic team is driven by our core mission to enrich lives with language and culture. Available on mobile, tablet and web-based platforms, our software teaches real conversations (in 70 languages and counting!) and cultural background to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language lovers of all ages.