Web Developer - Backend
MakerBot is dedicated to pushing 3D printing forward, and our software team is at the vanguard of this movement. Between supporting the expanding feature set of our printers, and helping deliver our web content in the fastest ways possible, the growing Web Services team is looking for focused developers to help reach our goals, and join an inspiring team.
Working from MetroTech Center in Downtown Brooklyn, our office is a tinkerer’s haven, with rows of 3D printers (free and open to use by all members of the team) and one of the best views in the city. Our digital infrastructure is equally appealing, utilizing Node, Docker, AWS, Go, and other elements of a modern stack. You’ll be surrounded by brilliant engineers, responsible for firmware, desktop software, QA, DevOps, and Thingiverse, the world’s largest 3D printing community. No matter what your background, someone can teach you something new!
We’re hoping to find talent with:
- Strong programming skills in a web-focused environment, with a track record of decisive problem-solving and successful deployments
- At least a year of experience with:
- Shipping Node.js code for data processing services
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Deploying to cloud infrastructures (AWS preferred)
- MySQL, Redis, MongoDB/DynamoDB
- A love for spirited communication, able to work easily alongside peers and a desire to build strong, empathic teams
- Passion for delivering tested, stable, solid products
Additionally, you’ll catch our eye if you:
- Consider 3D design and printing as one of your hobbies
- Know how to deploy and manage an app in AWS
- Have expertise in any compiled languages
- Authored, contributed, or advised any open-source projects
- Have written comprehensive test suites for your projects
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Vice President of Digital Products Ecosystem
Carla oversees the division of MakerBot comprising product managers and the User Experience and User Interface Teams, defining what the software should be and do.
Back to top