Supply Chain Buyer
The Supply Chain Buyer is a dynamic and talented individual that contributes to making supply chain efficient and flexible. The successful candidate must be process oriented, data-driven, and have direct experience managing complex projects. As the Supply Chain Buyer, you will be responsible for supporting the development and maintaining suppliers to support the product lifecycle. The candidate must be comfortable in negotiating contracts and pricing. They also must be analytical and be able to interpret and present data that can be used to drive decisions that impact the business.
As Supply Chain Buyer, you will:
- Have responsibility for coordinating, communicating, and tracking supply chain projects while developing and managing new and existing supplier base
- Manage contract manufacturer to ensure production is running, and evaluate and create alternative options for potential stock-outs
- Assist with negotiating volume-based purchase agreements, while securing favorable terms and sustainable supply chains by leveraging key partnerships
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to effectively manage all aspects of product supply chain are well developed and maintained throughout product lifecycle
- Coordinate and drive supplier quality improvement
- Plan for phase-in and phase-out of components while maintaining sufficient material days on hand
- Review and evaluate cost savings opportunities, work with key stakeholders to implement changes to programs.
- Oversee development of systems and processes to continually improve performance
- Conduct in-depth analysis for BOM changes that impact overall pricing
- Generate PO's for finished goods and spare parts, while leveraging the lowest prices
As Supply Chain Buyer, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business field preferred
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing purchasing and/or production planning experience preferred
- Knowledge of common business practices relating to purchasing, pricing, terms, shipment taxes and freight policies
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to synthesize complex information into simple, actionable insights and communicate technical requirements
- Experience with appliance, automotive or electromechanical device manufacturing a plus.
- Positive attitude, high energy and an eagerness to learn and work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience with ERP and/or inventory management systems
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing/production process control methodologies
- Ability to speak Chinese (Mandarin)
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Taylor and his team collaborate to conceptualize, prototype, develop, and test every aspect of new 3D printer technology before it’s released onto the world market.
Back to top