Staff Electrical Engineer
MakerBot is looking for an inspired Electrical Engineer to help develop the next generation of 3D printer electronics with our talented electrical engineering team in Brooklyn, NY. MakerBot's electrical engineers architect, design and test the electronics for MakerBot products.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and layout of electronic systems at the PCB level
- Create specifications for electronics systems; validate and demonstrate adherence to those specifications
- Research and evaluate components
- Research and specify system level components including power supplies, motors, wiring harnesses and
- Work closely with mechanical and manufacturing engineering to architect future products at a system level
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Lead products through EMC and safety certification testing
- Develop documentation for other engineers, technicians, production, and customers
- Mentor, delegate and review work assignments of junior team members
- Research and drive next generation technologies
- Participate in recruiting and retention
- 4+ years electrical design experience
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent; MS degree is a plus
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability
- Experience programming embedded systems
- Expertise with electrical test and measurement tools
- C or C++
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Embedded Linux, especially on TI Sitara processors
- Familiarity with stepper motors and drivers
- High speed PCB layout experience
- Managerial or Project Management experience
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Vice President of Digital Products Ecosystem
Carla oversees the division of MakerBot comprising product managers and the User Experience and User Interface Teams, defining what the software should be and do.
Back to top