Software Engineer (Testing)
As an Software Engineer you will build automated tests for MakerBot’s suite of 3D printing software. You will build test frameworks for multiple products and guide other quality engineers in how to build automated tests on these frameworks. You will become an expert in 3D printing software from web tools to printer software. You will drive automation testing best practice for developers and quality assurance engineers. You will also work with the Software QA team on black box testing when needed.
As an Software Engineer you have:
- Extensive experience with one or more testing frameworks (eg selenium, robot framework, mocha)
- Experience with git
- Experience writing test specs to plan automation test work
- Passion for standards of good testing practice
- Passion for testing as a necessary component of a quality software product
- Ability to write test cases and test matrices
- Ability to work on black box / manual testing when needed
- 3+ years experience with automation testing as part of a professional software team
- Experience with 3D printing or 3D printing software tools
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Back to top