Software Engineer in Geometry Processing
Design and develop software for the 3D printers and ecosystem that is changing the way people work and create. Our software engineers are constantly working on brand new problems, picking up new skills, and have a direct impact on the direction of the products we build.
As a Software Engineer in Geometry Processing, you will:
- Develop 3D and 2D algorithms for generating and manipulating 3D geometry into printable tool paths.
- Work closely with our Web, UI, Firmware, and Mechanical teams to build new features for the future of FDM printing
- Run experiments on 3D printers to evaluate print quality
- Become an expert on how to translate something digital into a real, physical artifact
To be considered for the Software Engineer in Geometry Processing, you need:
- Solid experience with C++
- Familiarity with 3D graphics, geometric data processing, and/or vector math
Extra Experience counts too:
- Experience with 3D printing or electromechanical systems
- Experience with optimization algorithms or compilers
- Experience designing scientific experiments
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Taylor and his team collaborate to conceptualize, prototype, develop, and test every aspect of new 3D printer technology before it’s released onto the world market.
Back to top