Senior UI/UX Designer
MakerBot is growing it’s internal design team to help define how people bring new ideas into reality. With touch points across hardware, desktop applications, mobile applications, and web based solutions, the design team at MakerBot is very uniquely seated between the physical and digital worlds. Let’s design the future, together.
- Create innovative solutions or evolve existing paradigms for 3d printing
- Presenting product design decisions to other stakeholders across multiple teams and gathering feedback
- Interface with the development teams to facilitate communication and execute product design goals
- Ability to work solo or with a cross-functional team on a feature or product
- Develop and maintain interface guidelines across multiple teams
- Conduct user testing sessions to validate design decisions
- Prototype designs either through click throughs or motion tests
- 5+ years of digital product or agency design
- A strong portfolio emphasizing systematic design thinking and process
- Mastery of all expected design skills for digital product design
- Understanding of responsive design and systems
- Ability to work within an established brand guidelines but evolve it
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- A strong grounding in research driven design
- Extreme attention to detail
- Understanding of color theory, grid-based design, and typography
- Personification of a maker
- Familiar with 3d printers and the 3d printing process
- Motion graphics or 3d design experience
- Front end web experience
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Back to top