Senior Firmware Engineer
Senior Firmware Engineer
MakerBot is looking for a Embedded Engineer to design and develop the 3D printers that are changing the way people work and create. We are looking for an embedded software engineer who has experience in embedded GUI development. Our software engineers are constantly working on brand new problems, are picking up new skills all the time, and have a direct impact on the direction of the products we build.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design embedded software for a new generation of 3D printers
- 3+ years experience developing GUIs for Embedded Systems
- Experience developing embedded linux software
- Experience with embedded Qt or other embedded GUI frameworks
- Experience developing responsive touch applications in native frameworks that are not vendor specific
- Experience bringing up a graphics pipeline on an embedded linux system
- Linux Kernel Development Experience
Tools we use:
Embedded Linux, Build Root, C++, Python, Jenkins
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Vice President of Digital Products Ecosystem
Carla oversees the division of MakerBot comprising product managers and the User Experience and User Interface Teams, defining what the software should be and do.
Back to top