Senior C++ Software Engineer in Motion Planning
Design and develop software for the 3D printers and ecosystem that is changing the way people work and create. Our software engineers are constantly working on brand new problems, picking up new skills, and have a direct impact on the direction of the products we build.
As a Senior C++ Software Engineer in Motion Planning, you will:
- Own, maintain, design, and improve on core motion planning algorithms for 3D printing
- Suggest and promote technical improvements for existing and yet-to-be-built 3D printers and software
- Work closely with the Firmware and Toolpather teams to ensure consistent and excellent print quality and to build new features for R&D
- Keep up-to-date on new developments in planning algorithms and hardware control
- Maintain and extend both software and hardware print quality test processes for motion planning
- Become a resource for junior developers in maintainable C++ coding style and practice
To be considered for the Senior C++ Software Engineer in Motion Planning, you need:
- Strong experience in C++, preferably maintaining and extending multi-year software projects
- Academic or industry experience with geometric processing, compilers, stream processing, and/or motion control
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn motor control
- Demonstrated focus on testable and maintainable design
Extra Experience counts too:
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with 3D or 2D printing or electromechanical systems
- OS or RTOS programming experience
- Experience designing scientific experiments
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Taylor and his team collaborate to conceptualize, prototype, develop, and test every aspect of new 3D printer technology before it’s released onto the world market.
Back to top