Public Relations Intern (Spring)
We are looking for a Public Relations intern who is seeking an exciting opportunity to expand his/her public relations work experience in a fast-paced environment.
This internship will provide exposure across many areas of MakerBot and is a unique opportunity to get broad exposure to many facets of the marketing and PR efforts by the company. The role will begin in mid-January and will last till May. It is also required to be 100% on site in Brooklyn, NY for the position.
As the PR Intern, you will:
- support the PR team by conducting extensive media research, developing media lists and pitching key journalists and bloggers.
- manage and compile media coverage reports and PR dashboards.
- help coordinate our media product review program.
- learn how to 3D print and provide support for media interviews (i.e., take MakerBot products to media interviews).
- liaison with marketing, social and product teams to keep PR efforts on track.
- develop and maintain PR calendars.
- prepare submissions for product awards and speaking engagements.
- monitor and answer media requests.
- support the events coordinator in shipping trade show materials.
As the PR Intern, you have:
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
- great research skills.
- first PR or media experience.
- passion for technology.
- the ability to multitask effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- the ability to work with charts & graphs
- a team player mentality.
- the drive to learn and gain experience in a fast-paced environment.
- a focus on driving results.
- a creative outlook with the ability to grow.
- interest in expanding knowledge of the PR and marketing fields.
Extra Experience counts too!
Professional experience with 3D printing or MakerBot is a significant plus
Please Note: This is an unpaid internship.
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Back to top