Product Marketing Manager
MakerBot is looking for a product marketing manager who is excited to work with marketing, product, design and engineering teams to bring new features and products to market and to revolutionize the 3D printing space. You would need to be an expert at building marketing insights from analysis, tests, and customer intuition, and a person who is eager to develop strategic marketing decisions. You would also need to be an adept project manager, who enjoys being at the hub of a cross-functional team and bring a new feature to market; Data drives you: you’re comfortable crafting surveys and A/B tests for measurable and actionable results.
As Product Marketing Manager, your responsibilities are:
- Lead product marketing efforts of new features and products for MakerBot’s.
- Establish processes and best practices, in order to further solidify MakerBot’s product marketing strategy.
- Define MRDs for new products and features.
- Work with product squads to verify alignment of product development with MRD.
- Assess product feasibility: Estimate business impact of new products and feature launches, build business cases and models.
- Develop customer insights from qualitative and quantitative customer research including interviews, surveys, focus groups, and feature feedback.
- Build messaging based on customer research that hook into customers’ needs.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you need 3+ years of experience in:
- Product Marketing within a technology company,
- Strong relevant technical background
- Proven problem-solver who proactively identifies issues, formulates plans to nimbly resolve these issues, and effectively communicates the results
- Strong analytical background with proven ability to develop reports/surveys and make data-driven decisions
- Experience managing and executing projects, across multiple teams, with shifting priorities
- Experience writing copy for technology products + marketing collateral
- Team player, willing to do whatever it takes to drive team goals
As Product Marketing Manager,would be nice to have:
- Experience as PMM in hardware or other cross disciplinary technology company
- Consumer electronics industry experience
- Prior experience in user research activities such as questionnaire/surveying, usability testing, interviews, market research, and focus groups
- People: We have some some the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released a new product on January 4, 2016 - the Smart Extruder+. Read about it here: http://3dprint.com/113536/makerbot-smart-extruderplus/
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, recognition awards, and of course free snacks and ping-pong tournaments are a must at any cool tech company.
Back to top