Inside Sales Representative (Outbound)
Are you a motivated sales professional looking for a job on the front lines of the 3D printing revolution? Are you seeking the opportunity to close big sales, introduce some of your favorite companies to MakerBot’s groundbreaking products, and build lasting partnerships? Do you want to involve yourself on a high performing, supportive team, while being given the responsibility of growing your business? Do you see yourself thriving in a role where your customers and prospects are routinely in awe of your products?
If so, we're looking for an Inside Sales Representative (Outbound) on the Inside Sales team to manage and drive the success of MakerBot’s direct business. Previous sales experience is required. In this role you will manage a steady stream of leads in the commercial and EDU space ranging from Fortune 100 companies and universities, to hobbyist users and elementary schools. You will carry large and small deal sales through 360 degrees of the sales cycle while reporting to the Manager of Direct Sales. This is your chance to be a part of the next industrial revolution with MakerBot.
As Inside Sales Representative, you will:
- Call out and develop a given sales territory of business based on marketing leads and prospected calls
- Learn everything there is to know about selling and marketing MakerBot 3D printers and filament in order to provide solutions to new and current customers
- Manage relationships for long-term sales returns and referrals
- Identify growth and expansion opportunities in new and existing accounts
- Recruit new sales leads via cold calls, emails, trade shows, and other avenues
- Maintain knowledge of competitive systems, pricing and practices
- Maintain knowledge of industry standard processes and materials where MakerBot 3D Printing solutions may disrupt or enhance customers’ processes
- Be expected to develop limited marketing initiatives and entrepreneurial ideas for driving your business forward
As Inside Sales Commercial Executive, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 2-3+ years of experience in sales, client support, marketing or partner development
- Strong entrepreneurial and self-motivation
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines
- Strong ability to manage relationships and be happy in a performance driven position
- Be comfortable making 70+ dials a day to hit monthly/quarterly goals
- Ability to initiate and maintain new business relationships
- Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, SalesForce and CRM program experience a plus
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills
Extra experience counts too!
- Professional experience with 3D printing or MakerBot is a significant plus
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Vice President of Digital Products Ecosystem
Carla oversees the division of MakerBot comprising product managers and the User Experience and User Interface Teams, defining what the software should be and do.
Back to top