Global Technical Trainer
Are you a Technical Trainer who has been itching to work with an innovative company? Do you have a passion for teaching, tinkering, travel and all things mechanical?
If so, we are looking for a Technical Trainer to help build our learning content and train our resellers worldwide on how to maintain and repair our 3D printers. Our team’s goal is to facilitate our partners, customers and employees in acquiring the necessary skills to get the most out of our technology.
You would be joining Sales Enablement here at MakerBot, a fast paced team responsible for interacting with several departments across the company. A successful candidate will be able to independently juggle several projects at once, work cross-departmentally as well as globally to gather information, and confidently create effective and appealing technical training content.
As a Global Technical Trainer, you will:
- Train regional counterparts and resellers in the field or remotely
- Travel quarterly to our international resellers
- Develop and implement processes to track, train, test and certify our resellers
- Create training material to keep our resellers up to date with our products
- Create supporting material/media need for training (presentations, documents, videos, etc.)
- Proficient at repairing all MakerBot hardware products, and in-depth knowledge of MakerBot software
- Frequently communicate with the needs of our international resellers
- Decide on the criteria used to judge resellers performance and develop assessment instruments
- Organize and maintain project documentation
- Research and develop Competitive Intelligence documents for our partners
As a Global Technical Trainer, you should have:
- Proven work experience as a trainer
- Mechanical repair experience
- Experience building technical training documentation
- Strong skills researching and building processes
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- BS degree in engineering, instructional design, educational technology or similar
Extra Experience (bonus if you have…)
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar CRM)
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to speak another language (Spanish, Chinese, German, etc.)
- Experience with 3D Printing
- Experience using e-learning authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.)
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators and institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, and students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals and educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers and designers to test ideas and for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry and run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone — join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Back to top