Embedded Qt Software Engineer (Contract Position)
MakerBot is looking for an Embedded Engineer to design and develop the 3D printers that are changing the way people work and create. We are looking for an embedded software engineer who has experience in embedded GUI development using Qt5 with Qt Quick and QML. Our software engineers are constantly working on brand new problems, are picking up new skills all the time, and have a direct impact on the direction of the products we build.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and develop a new GUI for our embedded 3D printer software
- 3+ years experience developing GUIs for Embedded Systems
- 3+ years experience with Qt
- Experience with QML/Qt Quick
- Experience developing responsive touch applications
- Experience developing embedded Linux software
- Experience with CMake, Python, Mustache, Artifactory
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Taylor and his team collaborate to conceptualize, prototype, develop, and test every aspect of new 3D printer technology before it’s released onto the world market.
Back to top