Director of Logistics and Planning
MakerBot is hiring for our Director of Logistics and Planning, reporting to the COO. The Director of Logistics and Planning has responsibility for the logistics, planning, sales operations, and warehouse teams. This person will direct strategy for worldwide distribution, inventory, driving purchasing, and forecasting.
As Director of Logistics and Planning, you will:
- Strategic development and execution for Logistics, Planning, Sales Operations departments
- Determine and drive priorities, projects, and KPIs for each team
- Management of Logistics and Planning relationships with contract manufacturer in China including participating and driving action through QBRs
- Drive logistics and freight costs and maintain relationships with freight forwarders including driving regular RFPs to ensure best service and price
- Development and maintenance of executive relationships with worldwide 3PLs, including implementation in multiple warehouses throughout regions
- Drive EOQ targets, minimizing order backlog while maintaining efficient warehouse process
- Ownership of S&OP process to ensure demand planning and forecasting is robust and transparent
- Overall ownership of worldwide inventory, including annual physical audit at all locations, quarterly inventory reserves analysis, and ensuring accuracy of PR to PO process across finished goods, spare parts, and consumables
- Drive inventory planning and balanced levels from demand and financial perspective in all regions
- Provide weekly and monthly operational dashboards on inventory, costs, and progress
As Director of Logistics and Planning, you have:
- 10 years experience in Supply Chain or Operations role
- B.S. in supply chain or engineering preferred
- Ability to lead, plan, manage, and drive progress
- Successful experience in building robust operational solutions
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, and Engineering
- Experience in creating and evaluating RFPs and negotiating with potential vendors
- Work experience with overseas suppliers, particularly in China
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems
- Self-starter with excellent problem resolutions and communication skills
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Meet Some of MakerBot's Employees
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Taylor and his team collaborate to conceptualize, prototype, develop, and test every aspect of new 3D printer technology before it’s released onto the world market.
Back to top